Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Art Gallery

Keith has almost gotten our new mantel finished.  I like it a lot.  But between the new mantel and my new "mud room" wall (which I have apparently never blogged about), I am having problems with what put on my new found empty walls! 

Our new "mud room" wall from October 2011
The wall with my Grandfather's bench and baskets for the girl's shoes.
Sorry, I had to throw in those pictures.  :)  It has worked out wonderfully for us!  The girls can put their own shoes up and know to hang up their jackets and bags on the wall instead of throwing it all on the back of the couch.

Anyway, I decided I would start on the far side of my living room near the kitchen and work my way around.  With Carli at Oak Tree Academy twice a week, she is coming home with lots of cute things she has made and I wanted to a place to display them for her.  And I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  I found an idea to use some old frames but wasn't sure how it would look.  I spent $10 on frames at the Salvation Army and Goodwill.  I spent $20 on command strips so I wouldn't put tons of holes in my wall.  That way if I absolutely hated it...I was just out $30 and no holes in my walls!  :)

I forgot to take a before picture of the frames before Carli and Ava got started painting...




They actually did a fairly good job on their painting.  The entertainment alone for the morning was worth the money I had spent!  I touched up their paint and during naps, measured and leveled and got this...

It is the light switch plate that is not level...my frames are level.  I checked!

I honestly wasn't too sure that I liked it at first...but over the last couple of weeks it has grown on me.  It could be because Carli comes home with a new picture from school or Sunday school and she immediately runs over to try to find a frame to put it in.  Yeah, I think I love that most of all!



Now that the smallest portion of the wall is done...I just have one really large empty wall, a mantel (with a TV) and the "mud wall" mantel to figure out what to do with.  This is not something that I am really very good ate.  :(


post signature

No comments: