Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Pictures from Camp





 Carli and Ava were so excited to go to camp.  Granted a little nervous but excited.  As they left we were told they would not call unless someone made themselves physically ill from being homesick.  I knew Sunday night would be rough but figured after that they'd be okay.  So I was a bit surprised to get a msg about Carli on Tuesday morning.  She was so homesick they said...and she wanted to call me.  She managed to make it through to Tuesday night but worked herself up again so they called.  I'm not sure it did any good b/c she cried harder every time she heard my voice.  I was perplexed b/c Ava was my home body...and then they told me...they moved Carli from the big cabin to the little cabin on Sunday night when Ava got upset.  That's probably my fault b/c when I filled out their application I told them about Ava's anxiety but that was before she saw a counselor and was doing so much better!  So basically, Carli got sacrificed for Ava.  When they moved Carli, they moved her away from the friend she came with and some little girl made a snide comment about her going to the baby cabin and if you know Carli...she couldn't let it go.  So it festered and festered and she made a mountain out of a molehill and was miserable.  In good news, after discovering all that I was able to tell Logan how to talk to her about giving her two choices and the counselors all stepped up as did her group of girls that came with her and by the end of the week Carli actually was enjoying herself.  Shew.  What a process.  Bless her heart she got a double dose of just being a homebody!  Here are some pictures posted on the camp page from through out the week.  Ava looks like a zombie in half of them!







post signature

No comments: