Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

36 Weeks and a Baby Shower

Okay - first things first - Here is our updated "weekly" bump picture. This is the beginning of 36 weeks.
This weekend we had our first baby shower. Showers amaze me. People seem to come out of the wood work to let you know that they are so excited for you and to give you things that you need. I was truly blown away by the gifts and the people who gave them to us! I saw friends I hadn't seen since my wedding, and got to visit with people from the church I grew up in! My best friend from college even came down! I had 14 hostess for this shower, and they did an absolutely amazing job. It was so much fun! It was a busy, busy weekend - and it was exhausting, but so worth it. God has blessed me in so many ways - and I am so thankful!

Loved this part of Amber's gift - For those of you who don't know, Amber is a CPA.
Carli got tons of homemade gifts and monogramed things, her Great Grandma even made her a patchwork, blue jean quilt. (In our family, when you graduated from high school, you always got a bluejean quilt from Grandma. Now Carli has one too, and it truly is a treasured gift!)...I wasn't able to get pictures of them all and post them, but here are a few:

Grammy made Carli a quilt!
Naggy made Carli a quilt!
This is the amazing basket of goodies from "Grandma #3," AKA Mom #3 to me. She made the burp clothes - and there is a homemade blanket as well - absolutely amazing!
We got home really late on Saturday night - so Keith unloaded the car on Sunday afternoon:
"Our living room threw up pink baby stuff!" -Keith
And the attempt to organize has begun...
Chuy really enjoyed all the new blankets - he thought they were just for him!
It was an amazing weekend - and we are so very thankful for everything.

post signature

No comments: