Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

To My Princess Carli -

Today you turn three, I’m not sure how that really came to be. The time has flown by when I look back on the past year. You have grown so much, yet you still seem like the tiny little chubby cheeked baby I brought home from the hospital. I am sure you will always be my baby in my heart, but today you are a princess.


Three years ago, I made many of these promises to you as I gazed in those precious little eyes. I wouldn’t change a one of them, but I did add a few.

Carli Lynn, I hope that you will always know…


I promise to always sing “This Little Light of Mine” with two lights, so God can see us better.

I promise to always smile when I hear you say “I Love You.”

I promise to always stop and make sure you know I love you too.



I promise to always kiss you goodnight and hug you good morning.

I promise to always wipe away your tears and kiss your boo-boos to make them better.

I promise to always take the time to listen because the emails, phone call and television show aren’t that important.



I promise to always be your Momma first, and your friend second.

I promise to teach you to pray when times are tough and when times are good.

I promise to always give you my best, even if it isn’t good enough.


I promise to never let you forget about your PawPaw and how special he is to us.

I promise I am not a perfect mother, but God is perfect and He will make up for my failings.

I promise to not always ride to your rescue when things go wrong, you need to figure it out yourself.


I promise to let you experience the amazing blessing of having wonderful grandparents, and even let them spoil you a bit now and then.

I promise, you aren’t always right and neither am I.



I promise to always feed you vegetables, even the yucky ones.

I promise to always take you to church and teach you about God.


I promise to always love your Daddy, till death do us part.

I promise to always give you a place of comfort, peace and love – even when it seems like life isn’t fair.


I promise I will treasure every minute, hour and day, because God gave me such an amazing little princess to cherish and love.

I promise to love you forever and always, even when you wake me up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning.

Happy Birthday Carli Lynn!

With all my heart -

Momma

post signature

1 comment:

mindy said...

what sweet words to your three year old!!