Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

And then Ava Got Strep, Again...

 The Monday after Spring Break we were working on getting back into the routine again.  I was kind of looking forward to it!  After the girls came home from school they were watching a show while I was on a conference call.  Ava came in with her blanket and asked to cuddle and then this happened....


Ava NEVER crawls into my lap and just falls asleep in the middle of the afternoon.  I knew something was wrong.  I was hoping it was just allergies from switching climates and riding on an airplane but when she woke up with a fever I figured I was wrong.  I called the doc at 4:55 pm on a Monday and left a msg BEGGING them to work us in in the morning.  Miracles of miracles they called back and got us in at 9:30 the next morning.

Ava woke up and acted fine and I almost canceled the appt but decided I might would regret that later, so we went on in.  The nurse agreed with me that it was probably allergies but I was paranoid since strep hit Ava so bad in December.  They did a strep test for me...and it came back positive.  The doctor said this was the happiest kid she had ever seen with strep...


Since Ava could not go to school on Wednesday despite feeling okay, she and I had a girls day.  I can't say we ever had had one before.  So I took her to have her first mani/pedi...she thought it was great!





And then we went to the Discovery Science Center to play...




We ended our girls morning by having lunch with Daddy before getting Carli from school.  Ava did great and then on Saturday morning we noticed she had this weird rash on her face and arms...


After talking to an on duty nurse and Keith and Tessie having a faint memory of Keith being allergic to penicillin when he was young, we got our doc to change her antibiotic on Monday morning.  The rash went away and odds are, Ava is now allergic to penicillin.  *sigh* Kid can't catch a break but she was totally oblivious and much relieved when her new medicine showed up and it was pink.  :)

post signature

No comments: