Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Play Room Trundle Bed

Since Ava was born, we haven't done many new projects at the house. The playroom has been in a constant state of change over the last year and we are finally getting it to where we are happy with how it functions and looks!

Some folks thought I was crazy to be so determined to have the girls share a room, instead of giving them each a room. But I wanted the girls to have a room which was dedicated solely to sleeping and another that was for play. I didn't want the two to mingle. I was determined but even I had doubts given Ava's sleep habits early on. However, persistence has paid off and our plan is working well! The girls both sleep well in the same room, even during naps now.

Our plan for the play room was multipurpose. We needed a room dedicated to playing but also needed it to function as a guest room. I had a vision and my wonderful husband had the skills! we took the two bookcases that use to make up our entertainment center in the living room and put it on each side of the windows. Then I scavenged Craigslist and found an awesome deal for two pillowtop twin mattresses for $40 - for both! Next I convinced Keith to build a trundle bed to go between the two bookcases.

Keith built it, and I sanded and stained it. I'm not sure my Grandfather would have approved of the staining job but it works well for our purposes! The final result turned out really well. Perhaps one day soon we will finish out the rest of the room and I'll share more pictures! Ha!!



post signature

No comments: