Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Taking A Thankful Break...

You know in the complete and utter chaos of life sometimes you just have to sit back and look around and thank God for it all. I know that my family is blessed. I knew as a kid growing up, I was blessed to have two parents who loved me. And I had not one but two sets of grandparents who loved me, told me stories about their childhood and shared their lives with me. I was lucky. I'm sure Keith would tell you the same thing.

So when I sit back and look at the toys on the floor, the spilled tea in the truck (sorry Keith), the unfinished work that needs to be done, I can't help be thankful! I cherish it all. My kids had an awesome lunch with their Pa, they giggled the whole time. They kissed their daddy good bye this morning as he headed out to work. They are taking a nap at my office, while I work (really, not many moms can say that!). We get to see Grammy and get a hug before we go home tonight. We most likely will skype and see/talk to Naggy and Pappy. Yes, my kids are very lucky.

What brought on this really random post was watching Ava, who is 21 months old, pick up a toy phone and say:

"Grandma? Grandma? Where are you?"

She paused, nodded her head and said:

"I love you too!"

And put the phone down. Too priceless not to record and too precious not to smile.

My kids are very blessed to have such an amazing Great Grandma too - and when they don't get to see her on their Monday's in Alto, they sure do miss her! :)

We are very thankful to be so very blessed.



post signature

No comments: