Keith has almost gotten our new mantel finished. I like it a lot. But between the new mantel and my new "mud room" wall (which I have apparently never blogged about), I am having problems with what put on my new found empty walls!
|Our new "mud room" wall from October 2011|
|The wall with my Grandfather's bench and baskets for the girl's shoes.|
Anyway, I decided I would start on the far side of my living room near the kitchen and work my way around. With Carli at Oak Tree Academy twice a week, she is coming home with lots of cute things she has made and I wanted to a place to display them for her. And I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I found an idea to use some old frames but wasn't sure how it would look. I spent $10 on frames at the Salvation Army and Goodwill. I spent $20 on command strips so I wouldn't put tons of holes in my wall. That way if I absolutely hated it...I was just out $30 and no holes in my walls! :)
I forgot to take a before picture of the frames before Carli and Ava got started painting...
They actually did a fairly good job on their painting. The entertainment alone for the morning was worth the money I had spent! I touched up their paint and during naps, measured and leveled and got this...
|It is the light switch plate that is not level...my frames are level. I checked!|
I honestly wasn't too sure that I liked it at first...but over the last couple of weeks it has grown on me. It could be because Carli comes home with a new picture from school or Sunday school and she immediately runs over to try to find a frame to put it in. Yeah, I think I love that most of all!
Now that the smallest portion of the wall is done...I just have one really large empty wall, a mantel (with a TV) and the "mud wall" mantel to figure out what to do with. This is not something that I am really very good ate. :(