Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Diamond Diva's vs Alto

Last week was our week to play Alto.  We had three games on the schedule, one of which was a make game for the rainout last week.  I was a bit nervous b/c this is my home town.  I know most of these ppl and here I was sitting on the other side.  But I survived.  I actually enjoyed getting to see everyone and after all it is Tball - it's not the world series.  While our ump was much to be desired and we had a few disagreements about which rules were to be followed, all in all it was a good game.  The little Alto team was a bit freaked out it seemed but by the 3rd inning they pulled out a 3 up and 3 down.  Our little diva's pulled out a win.

Carli's at bat, she hit really well at this game.  Still working on running fast and not watching the ball.

 
Ava's at bat.  She made it all the way around the bases more than once!
 
 
Ava LOVES to play catcher.  Now if we could just talk to the ump about getting out of her way so she can catch the ball when they throw it in.
 
 
Diamond Diva's WIN!
 

Our make up game on Thursday got rained out again...so we played again on Friday in Alto.  It was a bit wet but none of us really cared, we were ready to play!  We were all thinking that if the Alto team that played during the third inning showed up to play all game today we might not do as well as we did on Tuesday.  Since we were visitors, we batted first.  All was going well, until it was Ava's turn to bat and she was hysterical in tears.  All the coaches tried to talk to her, but she was having none of it...she did not want to play!  Finally, I managed to waddle (yes, I'm waddling these days) out on the field.  Ava said, "I only want to play tball in Troup.  I don't want to play in Alto."  All the fans were great, and so patient.  I finally got her to agree to hit and run to 1st base as long as I stood at first.  And from there, I told her I'd meet her at third and she eventually made it all the way around the bases.  She even gave me a smile once she was back in the dugout.
 
 
I ended up having to go to 1st each time it was Ava's turn at bat.  She did finally loosen up.  She played catcher the whole game and being on the field did not bother her but she was not so happy about hitting.  She did hit great though!
 
 
Carli had a great game too.  She played first and managed to field the ball hit to her and tag out a runner.  She was very pleased with herself!  She also hit very well, and did a great job hitting the ball where coach told her to hit it.
 

 The girls were so excited to see "our Becky" at the game.  She got more than one hug and lots of smiles.   :)


Grammy & Pa were ball watching fools this week.  They came to the girls game on Monday night, watched a double header for Logan on Wednesday and were back to watch more tball on Friday.  Blessed grandkids right there!


We had a great week in tball and are surprised to find ourselves undefeated in league play.  We haven't gotten to play all the teams in our league yet so I'm sure there are more surprises to come, but it's tball I think that's pretty much the case all the time!




post signature

No comments: