Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Best Friend

So - if you haven't seen my new link on the side of the blog - check it out. I thought this was a cool concept and though I may not be able to remember to do this every Tuesday, I am going to try. I think it is a simple, yet amazing idea, to consciously take some time out of my day or blog and let someone out there know how much I, or rather, we, appreciate them. Who better than to start off with one of the most amazing women I have every known. I'm not biased at all.


To my best friend, my inspiration, my hero...my Mom:



I have tried in so many ways to let you know how much you are appreciated. I have so much to be thankful for and so much of that comes from you. I hope that you never doubt how much you are loved and appreciated and how much you mean to me.

I've started this post and erased it over ten times trying to put into words what you mean to me and why. Words just don't cut it.


You are my best friend. There is a Taylor Swift song out called "The Best Day" and it reminds me of you. I remember in 3rd grade, it was simply awful. I came to your room every day crying and at a loss. You were there - you hugged me and you know I don't remember the specifics about exactly why that year was so awful - but what I have a clear distinct memory of is you. You were there. I like that Taylor Swift song b/c really some of my best days were with you! We spent so many hours on the road back and forth from Houston for softball. I don't know how you did it with two boys and a husband and working full time too. One word - Amazing! You always made sure someone was at a game - and the only one I remember someone not being there for - I remember it, not because you weren't there but b/c you felt so bad about not being there. You wrote me a note, you made sure that I knew that you wanted to be there. High School wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. I am so grateful to have had a Mom who I could talk to, whom I trusted and who I knew trusted me. Even today, I know even now that without a doubt you are my best friend and what a blessing that is!
You are my inspiration. Goodness - where to start! You are such a wonderful, Godly woman - your every being is an example for those around you! You are so unselfish. You worry so much about others and their needs far above your own. You give up your wkds to help your kids move, to paint an office, or to watch three dogs while your kids are off gallivanting around! You offer to help when really someone should be offering to help you! Grandma and Pawpaw - need I say more? What a blessing you are to them! You support your husband unconditionally. I am so blessed to have an example like you. You are a good wife to Daddy. You cook, you clean, you launder and you gallivant around with him! :) You are a good sibling and friend. You are a wonderful mother and wife. You are an amazing Grammy. You are my inspiration.
Mom - I really don't think I have said justice to you. I haven't even touched on the edge of a long, long list of the wonderful person that you are. But, you are. You are my hero and I am thankful for you and for all that you have done for me.
Today - I dedicate my first "It's not all about you" post to someone who sits behind the scenes and doesn't get the recognition she deserves nearly enough. While not eloquent, and maybe rambling at times, I dedicate this to my hero - my Mom.


I love you Mom!!

post signature

2 comments:

SuAnne said...

WOW! Words escape me, Laresa. Everything you said is right, she is a wonderful example of a Godly wife and mother and now grandmother. One of my biggest regrets in life is that she and I spent most of our teenage years at odds with each other instead of enjoying our time together. MANY times since then I've wished for some time to spend with her. I'm hoping our move to Texas will provide some opportunities.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I love you. Aunt SuAnne

Rachael said...

Awesome post Resa! Made me cry : ) And, that first picture of your mom is just beautiful!