Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Tribute

Blog Alert...this is Keith posting...

Resa has started this Tuesday Tribute thing, which is a really cool thing to do I think. It's nice to stop and think about those that mean the most to you. She wanted to write a tribute to my parents, and thought it would be best if I wrote it. While I think that is an admiral deed and something I could do, I figured I would tribute the person that I think deserves it the most.

The past 4 1/2 months have taught me a lot. Guys always tell you that having a kid is the most amazing thing ever...and I agree...but there are times that are extremely difficult. It challenges your patience and humbles you like nothing I've experienced. I've had the opportunity to spend several nights alone with Carli, and while I treasure those times, they are hard. They usually result in a call to Resa to see what to do, and she always helps. I'm not sure how she does it sometimes. She spends all day alone with this baby, and still holds it together to cook dinner for me at night and do my laundry and everything else to run this house...not to mention working.

So my tribute is to my wife. She is amazing, and I'm truly proud of her. She is totally self-less and the best mom/wife I've ever met. On top of all that, she's my best friend and I'm honestly not sure I could operate without her.

Love ya babe!

Keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband will probably never forgive you for doing something so awesome and making all men look bad.
But really that is a wonderful and deserving tribute.

Yuri said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what made me visit your blog tonight (haven't checked it in a while), but now I know after seeing your post, Keith! What a wonderful, strong tribute, simple but so moving! I ask her the same question all the time, "How do you do it?" and I only touch a small portion of her day. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to meeting Carli in a couple of weeks :-)