Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Bananas, Carrotts and Peaches - Oh My

I haven't done an update about our 6 month well check, except to let you know our height and weight. So basically this is the jest of it. We have to start getting her to eat from a spoon. No excuses. The pedi said there is this time frame in which a baby can properly learn to eat & swallow using a spoon and between 6-9 months is that time. If we give in and not accomplish this, we will have a minor problem on our hands as she gets older. The good news is that we can start eating stage 2 foods and forget about cereal. Carli despised cereal. So - I went to the store and got some foods for her. We started with bananas last week. She did really well - probably ate about 1/2 Tbsp per sitting and did much better when her Daddy fed her than when I did. She gets pretty frustrated with me. We attempted peaches next and between me dropping 3/4 of the jar on the kitchen floor (much to my dogs' delight) and someone telling us we should try vegi's first, that didn't last long. She wasn't a big fan, but in all fairness we only got to try them three times. So we moved from the fruit family to the vegi's and we tried carrots. At first, not so much of a fan - but tonite I put two heaping baby food spoon fulls of bananas and carrots in her bowl and she ate them!



Actually took bites! Woohoo!! What a relief. I'm sure more bumps will come in the road of this new solid food eating stage (she is stubborn - I'm not sure where she gets that from) but this is a small victory for us!




post signature

No comments: