Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Special Tuesday Tribute

Who better than to do a tribute to than the reason for this blog? I'm sure there will be many many more tributes to this special little angel in the weeks to come but today I wanted to do one for her, just for Carli Lynn.

To a special little angel-


I want to thank you:

Thank you for the 2 am feedings and needing me - for reaching for me and telling me that you love me - I'll wake up at 2 am and smile because you are so grateful for me!

Thank you for that HUGE grin every time I change your diaper. Who knew a poopy diaper would be such a happy event? I never would have thought that it would make me smile to think of changing your diaper!

Thank you for being stubborn - for rolling over one week and refusing to do it since. Thank you for proving at a very early age that you will not follow the rules and that you will be who you are and do it at your own time. Thank you for being stubborn - one day I'm sure I will regret this thanks, but at least I know this is something you got from me and I think being stubborn isn't a bad thing! :)

Thank you for being a Daddy's girl. For giving your Daddy that grin when he comes home, for squealing in delight with a shine in your eye. You make your Daddy so proud and I love watching you both.

Thank you for snuggling up to Uncle Andy's neck and just givin' him that special love...you have a special place in his heart.

Thank you for not taking those naps, because when you do finally give in to the exhaustion it was well worth the wait and so much more appreciated! ha!



Thank you for looking so serious when we sing "This Little Light of Mine" and bursting into laughter when we sing the part about not letting the devil "puh" it out - ironic that you find that part funny.

Thank you for being you - for smiling at your Grammy, Pa, Naggy and Pappy - they are so proud of you and love you so much. You are so lucky.

Thank you for the days when you refuse to let me out of your sight and cry at being put down for a nap and simply want to be held - b/c I will cherish these times when you simply just need to be with me when you grow up and are Ms. Independent. I will remember that you needed me and still will...thank you!

Thank you for waking up in the morning with a smile on your face and feet sticking straight up in the air - priceless.

You are a priceless gift from God - and I hope that I never, never forget just what you have given me.

Love you Sweet Cheeks! (One day she'll resent me for that!)


P.S. Today we had our 6 month check up - we were 25.75 inches long (51st percentile) and 15 lbs 10 oz (60th percentile).


post signature

No comments: