Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

From Grandma's Darlings...

Growing up I was very lucky to have known two of my Great Grandparents. I have fond memories of driving to Kilgore, counting oil rigs and searching for turtles at my Great Grandmother Smith's. She was so much fun. I still remember the song she made up to play with us when we would come to visit. Then I had my MeMaw - who was awesome! MeMaw lived with Grandma and would always sit on the front porch to watch us play.


Carli is one lucky little girl because she has three great grandparents to get to know. There is Grandpa Herb, Pawpaw (whom she is named after) and then there is Grandma. Today's tribute is to our Grandma.




I could go on and on about all that my Grandma is to me. I know that I am lucky to have her in my life. I would say that she is one my best friends. She got me through some pretty rough times in high school, and never failed to be there with a hug and a listening ear. I think all my cousins can relate to what an awesome Grandma we have. But what makes my Grandma so very special is that she makes each and every one of her "darlings" feel like they were her very favorite!

I love to watch my Grandma with Carli. She makes me so proud of them both. Her eyes just light up when we go to visit! My Grandma has a lot to deal with, but she seems to always put those worries aside when she is holding Carli. I love my Grandma so very much and I pray that Carli will know and love her just as I do! Grandma - today's tribute is to you - because I think you are one awesome, Godly woman and I am so very proud to call you ours!

With all our love -

Carli & Resa


post signature

No comments: