Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 9, 2014

Family Reunion Easter Egg Hunt

The annual family reunion falls on Easter weekend each year.  In Carli's words, we get to go hang out at this really cool old school building and that's so much fun!  :)  We do go to an old school bldg. for our family reunion not far from my parents house.  It is a really neat place.  We enjoy a yummy pot luck lunch and a big Easter egg hunt for the kids and of coarse a lot of visiting...




This was the first year that the girls actually played with their 2nd/3rd cousins.  They really had so much fun.  Bless the older kids for their patience in hanging out with the younger ones!


Here's a picture of all the kids before they got to go hunt eggs.  They were not very happy that we made them sit and pose for multiple pictures!


And then it was time to hunt some eggs!!


And then to take tabs on the loot...




Grammy and Pa had little Eady giggling and flashing big grins...



This was our first reunion without our Grandma.  I have not gone back to my Grandparents' grave since we laid Grandma to rest.  I just couldn't do it.  But Carli kept asking to go, so the four of us went to see their final resting place together.  I know they aren't there but I think I prefer to remember them sitting on their front porch drinking sweet tea rather than remembering the day I had to say goodbye for the last time.



post signature

1 comment:

Quilter Mom said...

I agree with you--I prefer the living memories to the good-bye ones. I have only been back to Annetta Cemetery a few times in 13 years, but I have pictures on my refrigerator that remind me of the good times.