Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ava's Baby Shower

We have been blessed by a wonderful group of ppl at Shiloh Road and even more so by our friends we have made there. I know it is not unusual to not have a baby shower for a second born child, especially if they are of the same sex as your first born. I was a little worried that Ava wouldn't have something that was just her's. I'm all about hand-me-downs, consignment shops, etc. But every child should have something that is just theirs. And having an empty baby book is a little depressing (not to say that I have completely filled out Carli's but I have tried.) So, when the girls at church asked me about doing a shower for Ava - I was more than thankful for their efforts.

Carli was not able to go to the shower, and I was sad b/c she would have had a blast. My Grandma and Mom got to come and a surprise visit from Naggy and Aunt Sarah made for a fun afternoon.

Since Carli wasn't there to help me with gifts, Allie filled in and had a blast!

The amazing spread of food - a pregnant woman's delight! Mostly all chocolate!
And this little cupcake is heaven - Keith said, "It's like eating a chocolate cake with ice cream on it...only there is no ice cream!"
Ava's gifts to the hostesses - on one side we put a little note from Ava, and on the other a Bible verse that corresponded to the plaque in the basket.

Cute little poem from Ava.
Ava's gift from the hostess! She got a cradle and we already got it all set up and ready for her to come home and sleep in. She may not have a bed or any of her clothes out of the attic, but thanks to some wonderful ladies, she has a place to lay her head!

Thanks again ladies for all your time and generosity. We are so thankful for you all and appreciative of each and everyone of you.


post signature

No comments: