Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

2012 Facebook Status Year in Review - PART 2

JULY
 

 Ava is all about proving she is not her sister and potty training is no exception.  Although I could do without her pooping on my living room floor.  :/  ~  Are slips no longer available these days?  Really a dress covers nothing if you can see right through it!  ~  It's 85 degrees in my house...sure makes it tough not to go get another Sonic Dr. Pepper!  Blah.  ~  Are conditioner coil fixed...only to have some other part break and it won't be in until Monday.  :(  Oh well, look out Grammy and Pa - we are crashing at your house!  What a roller coaster.  ~  Had a great wkd at my parents...it was nice and cool and the company was great!  But man I sure slept good in my nice, cold house last night!  ~  My husband is pretty awesome.  Who else would spend the past three nights helping wrangle 3 year olds at VBS?  We are exhausted!  But strangely enough Carli has energy to spare - not quite far!  ~  Allergies induced by hysteria.  Ever hear of it?  It exist - Carli is suffering.  ~  We just scared the monsters hiding in our attic, above Carli's room out into the street.  We left the attic light on and Carli locked all the doors to keep them out.  It is 11 pm and Carli is reading her Bible in bed so "Jesus will keep her safe"  and I am sitting on the floor just in case the monsters overcome their fear of light.  OH the joys!  ~  Just ordered my third blog book - I got 2008, 2009 and now 2010 printed!  Just got one more year to print to be up to date!  My version of a baby book.  Ha!  Thanks Mom, Dad, Terry and Tessie for helping get this done!  ~  My Mom is going to Ikea tomorrow...I may have made her a shopping list.  ~  Both vehicles cleaned out, vacuumed and carpets shampooed - garage cleaned and picked up - six car seats disassembled, washed and reassembled - three dogs bathed and brushed (my groomer will be shocked) - two little girls bathed and in bed - now I guess I will shower too!  ~  Thanks to some awesome neighbors, I got to go on a date with my hubby tonight.  Although, we didn't go to Lowe's so I am not sure it qualifies as a legit date for us!  :)  ~  We asked Carli what she learned about in Bible class and she said, "Guys with fire on their heads. "  AKA The Holy Spirit.  ~  Ava has had a dry cough at night for almost four wks.  So this morning I got her an appt to see the doc just to make sure she was okay.  This afternoon she started running a fever.  At the doc they said no ear infection or other drainage just a cough and fever.  Got an antibiotic just in case.  Fever came up again tonight and spiked at 102...finally got it down to 100 and she is sleeping restlessly.  Maybe a long night!  ~  Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to my awesome "little" brother, Anthony King, today and the rest of the week as he is taking the bar.  Love ya and Good luck!!  ~  Fever meet Ava.  Ava meet Fever.  :(  ~  Good News:  Ava asked to go potty and did!  We celebrated with two M&M's all around and I was the best Mom ever.  Bad News:  Carli refused to eat breakfast and therefore Ava refused to eat breakfast.  I refused to cook anything else or let them have anything else (goldfish) and I quickly lost my status as the best Mom ever to the meanest.  Is it my turn to go back to bed yet?  ~  Got the girls napping with the promise of going to see hot air balloons tonight with Logan!

AUGUST



Voluntarily getting up at 5 am on Saturday...not so fun.  Getting my kids up at 5:30...very interesting.  Getting fresh hot donuts at 6 am sure makes it better.  Hearing the excitement when the girls figured out today was finally the day we go see Naggy and Pappy...totally worth it!  ~  It wouldn't be vacation without a pedicure!  :)  ~  If Carli asks, monsters live in Oklahoma.  ~  For the last two hrs we have been serenaded by a cute little two year old singing "Rain, Rain Go Away" repeatedly, hand motions included.  It was cute the first fifty times.  The planned on naps int eh car on the way home went away with the rain apparently.  ~  It's 1 am and both my children are awake, I have yet to go to sleep.  Not cool.  ~  You know how sometimes you are really tired.  Emotionally and physically...today, I am really tired.  ~  Was hoping to not see midnight for the third night in a row...but I think I am not going to be so lucky.  ~  Happy 35th Anniversary to my Mom & Dad!  Awesome parents, amazing grandparents and a wonderful example of a Christian marriage.  I thank God for blessing me with  you both!  Love you!!   ~  Emergency trip to Alto to help Mom in her room...who does meet the teacher on a Wednesday after keeping teachers in mtgs all day for the last four days?  Must think teachers are miracle workers and super heroes!  ~  Unintentionally left the house with no diaper bag this morning and had Ava in big girl undies.  We were gone for almost three hours and thankfully she stayed dry the whole time.  She even went potty when we got home...shew!  We may just conquer potty training Ava after all...now if only the girls would nap!  ~  Carli:  Ava is smelling the moon!  Me:  What does the moon smell like?  Carli:  The stars.  Me:  What do the stars smell like?  Carli:  The lightening.  Me:  What does the lightening smell like?  Carli:  The monsters.  Because Jesus used the lightening to put all monsters in the stars.  **Clear as mud.**  ~  Look Mom!  A seed from my watermelon!  Can we plant it in the garden so it will grow a pumpkin?  -  Carli  ~  Strong willed child, where do you think you got those genes from?  Try me - I can outlast you!

SEPTEMBER


I just rocked Ava to sleep for her nap for the first time in a very long time.  That'll teach her to try to grow up on me!  ~  Row 31 Seats A & B on American Airlines is like the front row of seats ont eh plane!  Lots of legroom!  And our flight was wifi...and they serve Dr Pepper.  NOt a bad start to this business trip at all!  ~  Got to talk to Keith last night before bed.  Got to "talk" to my girls this morning on skype.  Pretty good end to a day and start of a new one.  Off to New Mexico!  ~  How much glass is in a 9x13 Pyrex pan?  Well, when shattered, there would be enough to cover my kitchen floor and large portions of the dining room floor as well.  Now you know.  ~  Ava is so excited to come to my office in Alto, she peed on herself for the first time in a wk...no kidding...her last accident was a week ago at the office.  And her sister, Carli, obviously can't get enough of me and must be "helping" me with every task.  She has deemed herself the official name writer of our partnership - she has put her name on all my paperwork...good thing she skipped over the IRS papers.  The joy of working from home or the office with kids! 

OCTOBER 


Carli is now officially four years old.  Apparently turning four, comes with much more attitude and defiance than being three required.  ~  For the first Wednesday since Ava has been potty trained, she has not had an accident at my office.  Woohoo!  Now, if she could just not pee in her jeans that I brought for her to wear to church (she has peed in them every Wednesday for the last three weeks), it would be a miracle Wednesday.  ~  Hello 3 am...it has been awhile.  ~  A positive note about having a 4 year old, Carli tried everything on her place at lunch today!  She ate most of her roast, all of her carrots (and asked for more!), took a bite of potatoes and even at a bite okra!  My 2 year old ate a quarter of a roll.  Win some, lose some.  :)  ~  So there was this one time when I decided to wash pillows...and the feather pillow may have blown up in my washer...just maybe.  ~  Pumpkin patches near Tyler? Preferably not expensive.  I was kind of spoiled by Pappy's Pumpkin Patch...  ~  carliiiiiiiiiiiiiii hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhayssssssssssss She typed her name all by herself...consider your day brightened!  :)  ~  Me:  Ava what is your baby's name?  Ava:  Jesus!  ~  The things that lurk behind a refrigerator is rather scary...had our ice machine worked on today...and lets just say the floor just got a good scrubbing.  ~  My weekend just got interesting...  ~  The life of a 4 year old is so dramatic...I feel sorry for the kid's parents when she's a teenager...oh wait...  ~  Put a W in the wind column for this parent - successfully convinced Carli to get gymnastic pictures taken and they are cute!  Not too shabby since the though of taking pictures brought Carli to tears!  ~  Stomach virus or food poisoning?  Whatever it is, it has done me in and I really didn't have time for this...although sleeping in the middle of the bed half the day was nice.  ~  God Bless Kayla Mascorro and her never ending patience...

NOVEMBER


So, I have this brother and he passed his Bar on the first try...yeah, he is awesome.  :)  Super proud!!  ~  I told Carli we were going to go shopping with Cousin Dionna tomorrow and she said:  "Yea!!  Momma what is shopping?"  Ha!  That made her Daddy proud!  ~  Things Ava accomplished during nap time:  Lots of cuddling, giggling and questions, messed up the awesome Sunday hair-do, a kiss and a few I love yous and I can't close my eyes b/c then I can't see!, found the paci and hid it again...and no sleeping.  Pretty entertaining but not very restful.  ~  Carli and Ava are selling some Avon products as part of their school fundraiser.  If anyone is interested in buying something from them, send me a msg.  We aren't much for knocking door and guiling ppl into buying stuff!  ~  Balancing a bank account at 10:30 at night...not my brightest idea.  Stupid 42 cents.  ~  Don't put in your ad that your garage sale won't start til 8 am and early birds will not be acknowledged and then start selling at 7 am.  Very frustrating to show up at 10 til 8 and find the item I was looking for sold an hr earlier!!  ~  Yeah for awesome friends who invite us over for lunch on Sunday and then more friends who bring us warm cookies int eh afternoon!  Very blessed!  Thanks guys!  ~  Sometimes I make no bake cookies for the simple pleasure of licking the bowl.  It's true.  ~  First thing out of Ava's mouth this morning:  Momma my belly button is a circle!  And Carli responds with:  Look like an oval to me!  ~  A mom in Ava's class is going to open her kid's backpack to find a surprise of dirty undies and missing a pullup...compliments of my daughter and a substitute teacher.  ~  Servers, pinging, passwords, power cycles, remote desktop access...you would think I knew what I was doing...but it's not working so apparently not.  ~  Are we sure today isn't Monday b/c that is pretty much how this day has started... ~  Lessons learned this morning:  1.  Windpants maybe water resistant but they are not pee resistant.  2.  My child's ability to profess her love for me after she has peed on me occurs 10x more often than if she would have just gone and done her business in the bathroom.  3.  Diapers at age 2.5 don't really seem like such a bad idea today.  4.  I'd rather be peed on than to have to deal with a poop accident and I know this from experience today.  5.  My child professes her love for me even more so if her "uh oh" includes said poop.  6.  If the younger child sees no point in using the potty today, the older one believes she must go every 15 minutes and receive an M&M as a reward for being a big girl.  Conclusion:  We need more undies, M&M's and Dr. Pepper in our house today.  I am beyond thankful for the ability to wash clothes and fabreeze...that stuff is wonderful.  ~  I maybe partial, but I am pretty sure my Mom cooked the best Thanksgiving feast!  Good food, good company and lots of blessings made for a great day!  ~  Am currently not happy with blogger or google for storing my pictures in a random picasa album and then telling me I had used all my fee storage and must now pay to upload pictures on my blog.  No bueno.  ~  Handed Ava her PJs to go put in the hamper and she ran toward the bathroom door:  ME:  Ava where are you going?  AVA:  The Wrong Way!  And she kept going...PJs ended up in the bathtub...better than the toilet.  :)  ~  "Ava are you goofy?"  "No Momma, I am Donald!"

DECEMBER



I have Ava figured out, I guarantee that she will pee in her pants as soon as the last load of dirty laundry has been washed.  Never fails.  ~  My children see no need for naps today...they think they won, little do they realize I will get the last laugh when bedtime comes at 7 pm.  ~ Coffee is gross, Mocha is okay but Dr. Pepper is heavenly.  ~  Went into Ikea and left with only light bulbs, seriously...went into Feebirds and asked for a Hybrid burrito (the smallest) and Keith got a Freebird (next size) and my burrito was bigger than his!  And our kids got their food for fee....not too shabby of a day!  ~  I told Ava:  "I sure hope you are laying in your bed young lady!  Ava responded: "I'm not a young lady, I'm Ava!"  **Oh boy.**  ~  My window unit a/c in my bdrm just went belly up.  I know what I want for Christmas now.  ~  For my birthday I told Carli all I wanted was for her to give me a "yankee dime" for every year old I was...I think showed her that a "yankee dime" was a peck on the check.  She proceeded to give me four "yankee dimes" and three "yankee nickles" (zerberts) and told me I was 27 eyars old.  I'll take it and I am sure Pawpaw would be proud of the valuable "yankee dime" knowledge I have passed on to his namesake!  :)  ~  A bleated thanks for all the wonderful Birthday wishes.  Had a great day with my family and got to go on a date with my hubby while Grammy & Pa babysat.  I am blessed!  ~  Carli has interactive dreams.  She talks, hollars and occasionally cried in her sleep.  She sleeps hard and has no memory of the dreams int eh morning.  When Ava is exhausted I swear she has restless leg syndrome.  She tosses and turns and takes hours before she is in a deep sleep.  Thus at midnight I am sitting in the girls rm massaging Ava's legs and watching Carli put on a show.  Cinderella apparently is not listening to Carli!  ~  Thankfully did not experience any chills and fever spikes last night but did wake up to a very swollen throat and a 101 fever.  :(  Nothing a little Tylenol and Dr. Pepper won't fix!  :)  How's that for being positive!  ~  I so wish I had Ava's energy level when I had a 101 fever.  ~  Thank God for my awesome husband!  HE sent me to bed at 8 pm all medicated up!  Praying tomorrow means I feel a ton better!  ~  Doctor:  Take two.  ~  And it is the flu.  Because the missed diagnosing me the first time it is now too late for tamiflu to do anything for me.  Awesome.  ~ My husband let me sleep all afternoon.  Fed kids lunch, took them shopping, made sausage balls and is planning pancakes for dinner after he gets back from picking up the kids prescriptions for tamiflu.  Love our pedi too for giving kids meds to help keep them from getting sick!  Now if I could figure out how to gargle litocain and numb my super sore throat instead of the back of my tongue, I would call the day accomplished!  ~  Turns out the will power of a sick momma is a bit stronger than that of a strong willed 4 year old.  God bless my husband, the day is only half over.  ~  48 hrs fever free!!  Woohoo!!  Now to keep the room from spinning around and around and around...  ~  Happy New Year to me!  Looks like we are going to go to ACU's Sing Song for the first time in over five years...I think the girls are going to love the show!


post signature

No comments: