Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Smith Family Annual Get Together

Every August, my Mom's side of the family gets together and catches up with each other. We all belong to W.B. and Ruth Smith. That's my Grandfather and Grandmother. And yes, Ava Ruth was named after my Grandmother. There are 4 girls and 1 boy that belong to my grandparents and from them there came 14 grandchildren, and from them came 6 great grandchildren...it's a pretty good gathering of folks! This is the side of our family that can sing. My Grandfather taught all the boys how to lead singing at church and most of us can sing...I say most, because I am not one of those that can sing! :) But I try my best!

This year, everyone was there minus three cousins - so it was a pretty good gathering! For Ava this was the first time to meet most of this side of the family, so she got lots of attention. Not sure she liked being the center of attention. She screamed at me a lot - so we camped out in the back of the house and got to enjoy listening to the singing, which was okay with me since I am not one who can sing! :) I got to enjoy the singing of others.

Here's Ava telling her Uncle Andy all about it...


Pa with two of his grandkids...they sure do love him!


Aunt SuAnne (Great-Aunt SuAnne to the girls) with Ava


Aunt SuAnne with both girls who were wearing matching outfits she had made them. They were super cute!


All the cousins - minus three girl cousins...so us girls weren't really that outnumbered.


This is our whole crew - not a bad looking bunch of folks! :)

It was a fun day - and good to see family we hadn't seen in a while.

post signature

No comments: