Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

5 Years of Pure Joy





Carli -

It is not often that I can convince your Daddy to write on our blog, but he did not hesitate when I asked if he wanted to write your birthday letter this year.  I could not have expressed how deeply we love and appreciate you any better than your Daddy has done.  You are a gift from God and we are blessed that He choose us to help guide you through this life.  Happy Birthday Carli Lynn! 

With all my heart -

Momma

 

   

Carli -

We continually amazed at how much life changes when kids enter the picture.  5 years ago you shook our world upside down, and there’s not a minute we would take back…except maybe the time you sliced the tip of your pinkie off and I had to hold you while they sewed it back on, or maybe the time you sat on the kitchen counter for 4 hours refusing to take medicine…but other than those, we’d pretty much keep them all!  We’ve had moments of fear and moments of triumph, sadness and joy.  But one thing is for sure, with you, we knew exactly what you felt about it! 

I am amazed at how much you’ve grown and how sometimes, when I think you’ll pull back, you take a moment perfectly in stride and sail on to the next one.  When I look at you today, I see a little girl that’s growing and stretching to become something better, each and every day.  I love the relationships you instigate with both sets of grandparents, and for those that existed with your great-grandparents, and how much you love them all. 

I’ve seen you be protective of your little sister, and I could not be more proud.  One of my greatest wishes for you and Ava, is that you always have each other’s back, always looking out for one another…and I see that in you.  We’ve tried to teach you that there is nothing more sacred than family, and I know you’re getting it. 

Of all things, I love seeing your faith beginning to grow most of all.  Sometimes, after the “rainbows, hearts, and princesses”, your prayers are exceptionally appropriate, and I know without doubt that your heart is in the right place. 

I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for us, to see your faith and knowledge continue to grow, as well as your love for others.  I can’t wait to see your reactions to new circumstances and boldly crossing into new territories, all the while maintaining the beautiful smile and infectious laugh that make you who you are.  It’s an honor to be your father…I love you, Carli!

Love -

Daddy




 


post signature

No comments: