Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Doctor Visit

Ava and Carli both had a doctors visit last Tuesday. This was Ava's follow up on her release from the hospital and Carli's ear follow up. Both passed with flying colors. I think Carli hollered more than Ava did. Carli got upset when the doctor looked at her and when she looked at Ava! Already a protective big sister!


Ava Ruth
6 lbs 12 oz
May 18th

With Carli I had no troubles with nursing, but with Ava we were struggling a bit with her latch. It is very painful. I told the pedi about it and she was an angel and called over to ETMC and set me with the lactation consultant right then. So Ava and I headed over and learned that she rolls her bottom lip when she latches and this is b/c the muscle on her bottom lip is tight. With time (2-4 weeks) it should loosen up a lot, but until then I have to try to unroll it once she is latched on (not an easy feat) and simply endure the pain! Ouch! I went ahead and called my friend, Amber's Mom, out in CA who is a lactation consultant too. She gave me some other pointers and we are doing a bit better now. Helps to hear that all will be okay from someone you know vs someone you don't.

post signature

No comments: