Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2015

A Day in the Kitchen

A couple of weeks ago, we had our first Saturday at home as a family of five.  We had no visitors, no plans and pretty much just stayed home all day!  I took advantage of Keith being home to help with Drew and spent some time working in the kitchen.  I have a bit of my Grandma in me that sometimes it is a stress reliever just to be able to cook!  At some point Grammy had left a half gallon of buttermilk in our fridge and since I rarely buy buttermilk, I was determined to put it to good use and not let it go to waste! 

I made Grandma's biscuits and sausage and put them in the freezer for future breakfasts.  Then Ava came and helped me whip up some teacakes.  She actually mostly ate the cookie dough but that counts as helping when she rinses (AKA licks) the bowl for me!


Carli was eager to help me too.  Ava had helped me mix up five batches of pancakes and Carli learned really quickly how to flip the pancakes!

 
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the kitchen but I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with the girls.  I have been feeling guilty about not being able to spend or devote a lot of time to them since Drew arrived, that Saturday did my heart good!

post signature

No comments: