Our Carli is a Blessing - A Gift From Heaven Above

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

A WEE BIT OF HEAVEN DRIFTED DOWN FROM ABOVE

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

YOU LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR SWEET BIG BOY CHARMS

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

You're So Precious to Me, Sweet as Can Be, Baby of Mine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

23 Weeks

First - I must note that Carli had her first bloody lip last night. She was "running" in the kitchen and fell face first on the tile floor. I guess having only two teeth at 15 months has its advantages - not bad to have made it so long without a fat lip!

And we managed to get a 23 week belly picture in before our Sunday came to a halt. Keith even managed to get us both smiling! All three if you count the baby karate chopping my bladder, I'm pretty sure she thinks that is funny...


I did go to the doctor last week for a belly check. I like my doctor during this pregnancy more so than last. He is a little more sympathetic. I really like his nurses...they make me laugh. They asked if I felt okay - I told them I hurt - and they responded with, and? I told them I felt huge, and they told me I was normal and then congratulated me on making it up to my "pre-pregnancy" weight finally. I guess I had lost more than I thought I had during the first of the pregnancy. He did tell me that this little one was measuring right on for 23 weeks and her heartbeat was really strong - always helps when she kicks the heart monitor thing when he is trying to listen to her! A bright note for me was that he told me at 39 weeks he would do a voluntary induction on a second child if I am extremely uncomfortable. That is good news, b/c I am still fearful of having a huge baby - and seeing as to how I feel huge, I am already a little nervous! Plus, he made me go the full 41 weeks with Carli, 10 days after her due date! So, I was relieved to at least know that option was available.

We go on Feb 2nd for our second ultra sound. He is doing a full check up I guess just to make sure everything is A-Okay with her and her two veined umbilical cord. Carli's pediatrician had told me that he is really checking the development of her kidneys and heart, that blood flow is a big deal. So I guess we shall see. We are excited to see her again on the sonogram though!

post signature

No comments: